We are the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) for Earlywine Elementary School. We are a part of the Moore Council under the Oklahoma PTA, which is a branch of the National PTA.
As detailed in our by-laws, the purposes of the Earlywine PTA, in common with those of National PTA and Oklahoma PTA are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The above purposes are promoted through an educational program directed toward parents, teachers, and the general public; and are developed through conferences, committees, projects, and programs.
We work with the schools and community to provide quality education for all children and youth, and seek to participate in the decision-making process establishing school policy, recognizing that the legal responsibility to make decisions has been delegated by the people to boards of education, state education authorities, and local education authorities.
We work to promote the health and welfare of children and youth, and seek to promote collaboration among parents, schools, and the community at large.